Why Roof Cleaning Is Necessary
If you take the ‘out of sight, out of mind’ approach to home maintenance, you could be in for a costly bill regarding your roofing! If you have avoided this home chore or just not considered that it needs to be done, this read may open your eyes to why that should not be the case!
What Needs to Be Removed From a Roof?
There are a whole host of types of debris that can end up settling on your roof, which include the following:
- Algae and moss – Both of these nuisances are known for growing and speaking so removing them before they properly take over is important. You will also find that moss in particular can cause further damage to roofing as the tiny roots are known for embedding themselves into the crevices which damages the structure.
- Animal debris – This encourages animals not to set up camp on your roof and removes the risk of items falling into gutters.
- Branches and leaves – If you are situated next to tall trees, this will be a common issue for you. If left untreated, they can migrate to other locations or cause damage when larger items fall from the roof and land on other parts of your property.
While each of these may not sound like a big issue to deal with, they can damage roof tiles through deterioration. If things are settled on your roof, there is also more chance that they will migrate into gutters, which then causes problems such as overspills and leaking. None of which, we are sure you will agree, are ideal.
You should also consider that the longer you leave dirt, algae and moss, the harder it will be to remove the stain. Roof tiles are designed to be resistant to many materials, but they, like other forms of brickwork, can stain easily. This then means that tiles may need to be replaced which is a much tricker and more expensive job than just a simple clean.
What Are the Benefits of Roof Cleaning?
- You can maintain the look and value of your property as the exterior is just as important as the interior quality.
- There is less chance of damage and leaks.
- Extend your roof’s lifespan and reduce the chance of costly repairs before their time.
- Adhere to different insurance policies and warranties to ensure you are always covered.
How Does Roof Cleaning Take Place?
Unless you have a serious head for heights, it’s best to leave roof cleaning to the professionals.
Expert roof cleaners use state-of-the-art tools to ensure that dirt and debris can be removed without causing any damage to the tiles themselves. This is important as even though they are securely fixed, too much pressure in the opposite direction to how they are laid can cause things to become loose.
A mix of brushes and water flows is used to gently buff up the roof to look as good as new.
Click here to find out more about our moss and ivy removal services.